Monday, September 22, 2008

Compsci!

Well. As usual I start late. Seems that I prove one of the three great laws of computer scientists -- We're lazy.

Either way, I have to go over the two, approaching three past weeks that have gone by.

Induction. Familiar old topic, but a bit more archaic. I'm actually interested by the fact that this year, the standards on the proof structure have been relaxed. To be honest, I feel a bit more relieved, as my mind has a tendency to wander when doing proofs, and it doesn't like a rigorous set piece it has to fill.

Simple induction is something that I'm already familiar with, while Complete induction and Well-Ordering will take some time to get used to. I'm starting to understand the concepts.
This will mostly just take time, that's all.

The problem sets themselves are good exercise, something that I appreciate doing. I'm just not so certain about having a problem set due about four days or so before an assignment is due.
It just means that I have to juggle more things at once.

This year I feel quite lethargic. I can't understand why, honestly. I need to force myself to actually do things instead of just slacking off.

Either way, I'm going to try to work harder and get better grades.

- Chainsaw Maniac

1 comment:

Danny Heap said...

Keep the safety on that chainsaw.

I think the problem sets will be designed to be pretty routine, so I hope they want swamp the work on assignments.